Friday, August 08, 2008

08.08.08





Two major events are happening on this auspicious day. Firstly, the opening ceremony of the Olympic games in Beijing, set for August 8, at 8pm, 8 minutes and 8 seconds. Talk about precision. Here are a few pictures that a friend sent me, taken during the preparation. Alas I didn't think I was going to be able to upload them all so I shared more photos with "miss byrd" (of byrd + bleeker) and you can view them here.


Image: anna kuperberg

The second event, and more personal to me is the marriage of of my dear friend Rae Dunn. Rae made some awesome egg-shaped rocks for my wedding a year ago, and hand-stamped each guest's favourite word on them. I put each one in a little nest and they did look like eggs!

Image: rae dunn

I was thrilled when she took the same idea for her own wedding. Have a lovely lovely wedding R + J!


4 comments:

Josephine said...

yay, you're back! have an awesome day!

chewingthecud said...

Thanks Jo! I've neglected my poor blog. Let's hope I'll do better this time.

laura tj said...

glad to see you back on the blogging land!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Laura! Let's hope I can keep it up this time :)