Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Petit-Fours

Photo: Michael Recchiuti valentine chocolates

The word for this week is FOUR

With the big Hallmark holiday (yes, you know which one I mean) coming up, I just had to do a post on one of my favourite topics... sweets! How about these petit-fours for your sweet tooth?

All the petit-fours featured have asian ingredients in them, in honor of the Lunar New Year.

Photos: Kuidaore

Kuidaore has some treats here:
Jasmine Tea Macaroons
filled with a white chocolate (Valrhona Ivoire) ganache delicately perfumed with jasmine tea.

Mandarin Orange Friand
: ground almonds and a puree of gently poached mandarins.
The photostyling is just as lovely as the desserts!

Photo: Pate Eng

Tomorrow is the first day of the Chinese New Year. We celebrate this season for 15 days. Since I have a dinner party to attend this Saturday, I thought I might try making these Asian-style petit fours by Pichet Ong: sesame balls with drunken fig.

Happy New Year all!

1 comment:

laura tj said...

happy chinese new year!